- Monterey Branch Manager
- Direct: 831.224.0675
- Phone: 831.717.4995
- Fax: 831.717.4996
- Business Escrow Sales and Transfers
- Transactional Law
- Business Entity Formation and Compliance
- Non-Profit Entity Compliance
- Estate Planning
- JD, Loyola University School of Law, 1976
- MA, Loyola Marymount , 1973
- BA, Loyola Marymount, 1970
Ron began a solo practice in Monterey in 1976 and enjoyed a varied professional career in his early years practicing in such areas as civil and business litigation, appellate practice before the First, Third, Fifth and Sixth State of California District Courts of Appeal and the California Supreme Court where he accepted an appointment as co-counsel in a capital case.
In the last fifteen years Ron has represented clients primarily in the areas of transactional law which includes the above mentioned areas of practice along with estate planning. He has developed a particular expertise in the field of business escrows having served as escrow holder for hundreds of business sales, both large and small, in the counties of Monterey, Santa Cruz, San Benito, San Luis Obispo, Fresno, Stanislaus and Merced.
Ron served as an instructor at the Monterey College of Law for several years teaching in the fields of agency, partnership and corporations. He also was an adjunct professor of business law at Golden Gate University’s Monterey campus for 25 years.
Ron lives in Carmel Valley and enjoys traveling, hiking and producing wine and olive oil from his small vineyard and olive orchard. Ron also co-authored the book, American Sports Car Racing in the 1950’s.
- California, 1976
- Central and Northern Federal District Courts
- In re Brian A (1985) 197 Cal. App. 3d 209
- Backus v Village Corner (1987) Cal. App. 3d 1168
- People v Barnett (1998) 17 Cal 4th 1044
- Member of Carmel Rotary (since 1979); served as club secretary and president. He is a Paul Harris Fellow and recipient of
- Elected member of the Carmel Unified Board of Trustees
- Founding board member, legal advisor and non-profit corporate organizer for the Big Sur International Marathon for over 12 years
- Past legal advisor, board member, president for the Carmel Youth Center for over 12 years
- Board member of the Carmel Business Association (now known as the Carmel Chamber of Commerce) for 4 years
- Past board member for the predecessor organization to the Kinship Center and assisted in the organization’s formation
- Past legal officer and assisted in obtaining the 501©(3) status for the John XXIII Foundation
- Past board member for the Robert and Audrey Talbott Foundation for 8 years; following that served as its executive director for 4 additional years
- Pacheco Club
- Chartwell School – Board Member
- Brotherhood of the Knights of the Vine